couldn’t be happier
art by skellaton.tumblr.com
by zach at jade monkey tattoo in wilmington, nc
nobody on the corner got swagger like us
A FEW FINAL THOUGHTS ON CHRIS HADFIELD’S GIFT TO EDUCATION, COMMUNICATION & ACCESSIBILITY
In my opinion, he is the embodiment of the modern scientist. Someone who is not only a researcher, but at tentpole around which we can build science accessibility and education.
He went up an scientist, but he’s seemingly returned to Earth an icon of education and communication, of which the world has rarely seen.
I honestly don’t even know how I can even go to bed now without a “Tonight’s Finale” photo from Chris of the world.
And with that I want to thank Chris deeply for all that he’s given to us.
I want to also send two special shout outs
- To his son, Evan, for coordinating all these efforts, and making it possible for us to talk to an astronaut. Up in space. Forever far away, but seemingly closer than most scientists I’ve ever met. Thank you for making this a possibility.
- To the Canadian Space Agency, who I could not appreciate more. Exploration of space is not just about discovering the the final fronter, but about realizing what we as humans are fully capable of. Thank you for helping us all experience this.
- Above is Chris’ “Space Oddity” cover video which is INSTANTLY the greatest video ever made.
- Below is Chris talking about Social Media, something we all know and love.
- And HERE is a great article from the CBC on Chris, Evan and the Canadian Space Agency exploration of Social Media in space, and their plans for the future.